Hinsdale Central Holds Off Late Charge by Titans to Claim Consolation 9-8.

The teams traded goals in the first half and the Red Devils taking 5-4 lead. Glenbrook South forced the issue in the waning minutes of the half, when Greer Bireley converted a free position to the left of Hinsdale`s keeper, Kelsie Chisholm to tie the game at 5-5 at 2:11. Hinsdale won the draw, pushed downfield and was awarded a free position in which Sydney Collignon pushed through a pinch byTitan defenders Kate Brennan and Lila Frick to regain the lead, 6-5 and prevail by one with 1:21 left. Glenbrook won the draw and Lindsay Karsh moved the ball up top to Bireley, who moved into the right half of the eight. Three closest Hinsdale defenders, Shea Draddy, Allegra Duggan and Maria Mulvihill, pinched together and Bireley was forced to use a jump shot which Chisholm stuffed along the right pipe at 0:25.6 to preserve the one goal lead into half.

Hinsdale ruled the possession battle for most in the first ten minutes of the second half until Anna Santulli was fed in close in the eight, and used a hip cut to beat Titan keeper Delaney Gallagher and boost the Red Devil lead to 7-5 at 15:17. Hinsdale won the draw and used a fast break to feed Kristiana Strtak to increase to 8-5 at 14:22. Again, off the draw, Hinsdale finished its three goal spurt when Shea Draddy was fed behind a defender on the doorstep of Glenbrook and converted to push the Red Devils up by four, 9-5, with 13:35 to play.

Lacrosse can be a game of streaks and Glenbrook South mounted one that stole Hinsdale`s momentum scoring next at 6:51 with Bireley curling the left pipe and beating Chisholm to make it 9-6, threading the ball between Chisholm`s left side and the left pipe. Sophie Hensley of the Titans was awarded a free position but Hinsdale`s defense forced the shot left, and Lindsey Karsh worked with the rebound and scored at 5:50 to make it an interesting two goal deficit, 9-7. Hinsdale received a yellow card at 2:10, so Glenbrook South had a man advantage until almost the end of the game. Karsh used this advantage and further narrowed the lead charging down the center past Madeline Pisani, and meeting Ella Farrell in the eight. Farrell turned her away from the outside, but Karsh rolled hard inside and shot past Chisholm to make it 9-8 at 1:46. Glenbrook won the ensuing draw, but lost the ball on a caused turnover by Jenna Collignon. Lindsay Lathrop of Glenbrook South stole the ball with 0:39.6 left and began a fast break. Lathrop tried to take it to the cage herself, but collided with a defender at 0:23.9 and left the game with an injury. Hinsdale recovered the ball and shakily maintained possession to take the win.

© 2002-2017, Illinois High School Womens Lacrosse Association